In honour of Canada’s 150th anniversary since Confederation, Member of Parliament Anthony Housefather is looking for nominations for 20 distinguished individuals from the riding of Mount Royal to be awarded the Sesquicentennial Citizenship Award. As we celebrate this milestone year, we have the opportunity to reflect on the contributions that have been made to our community by outstanding citizens in our riding.
Successful nominees will be individuals who strive to make a positive difference in the community by working to help those in need, advocating for an important cause, promoting a diverse and inclusive Mount Royal riding, or inspiring local youth. Whether it be through their devoted advocacy for an issue or their dedication to an organization that makes both our communities and Canada a better place, Mount Royal is home to many incredible individuals who deserve to be recognized for their hard work.
Nominations will be accepted from June 15 to July 20, 2017 at 5pm EST and the chosen candidates will be presented with their pins at an awards ceremony later this year.
All organizations in the riding are encouraged to nominate one or more individuals for this award.
- Each nominee must be a resident of the Mount Royal riding;
- Each nominee must be nominated by an organization (municipality, non-profit, religious institution, school, hospital etc.)
- Each nomination package must contain; (a) the CV of the nominee; (b) the completed application form below; and (c) a letter from the sponsoring organization setting out the reasons the nominee merits the Mount Royal 150th Medal.
- Nominations will be judged on one criterion; how the nominee, as a volunteer, has made a difference to the lives of other residents of the Mount Royal riding during the past five years.
- At least three medals will be reserved for nominees under the age of 26.
To nominate an individual, please use the following online form:
Or send the nomination form by email to email@example.com or in person at 4770 Kent Avenue, Suite 316, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3W1H2.